These four clarifying questions are great for anyone leading a ministry or organization. Gather your leaders or your whole team and have a conversation.
Here are four questions:
Who are we?
Why do we exist?
Where are we going?
How will we get there?
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST – EPISODE #66
Here are some thoughts about these questions:
- “Who are we” deals with identity, the DNA of your group. Where did it begin? How did it begin? Can you tell a difference between who you were and who you are now?
- “Why do we exist” helps you center around the main mission for your unique role in the church.
- “Where are we going” is about direction, vision, and effort as a community. What do you see? What do you want to see happen? How will you know when you have been successful?
- “How will we get there” helps articulate and ultimately achieve the practical steps needed to accomplish your vision and dreams. This is all about strategy, goals and bite-sized steps.
- Clarity will begin to surface as you answer these questions.
- Your ministry and work will become more focused as you answer these questions.
- It’s really tough to make an impact as an organization without clarity and focus on your ministry and mission together.
- By answering these questions, you will discover some things you need to stop doing.
- The answers to these questions may change during the life cycle of your ministry, especially, questions 3 and 4.
- These questions can be framed with a short or long-term perspective.
Gather your leaders and work through these questions this month!
*Thanks to TJ Addington and his book High Impact Church Boards for some of the thoughts used as a springboard.