While congregations across America have been asked not to meet in person during this pandemic, many leaders have turned digital – and you may be one of them. Our sanctuaries are all of a sudden recording studios!
The implications of this digital revolution are staggering. I know many churches have used online methods, but not many have done so exclusively. Others are being forced to accomplish something from scratch n this new season.
Numerous videos, posts and articles have been shared regarding the best practices for this new wave. Here are thoughts to add:
THINGS THAT ARE DIFFERENT WHEN YOU’RE A VIDEO STUDIO
- Visual become even more important
- Communication with your team must be sharp
- The flow of the service must change from in person to for the camera
- We must put ourselves in the mind of someone sitting on a couch in their living room
- Personal connection moments must be planned well
- Worship components must be familiar to your congregation
THINGS THAT ARE THE SAME
- Ministry still flows from our relationship with Jesus.
- We’re still leading our people
- Worship is still a primary function of the church
- Excellence with what we have is still important
- God is still at work
What is your church doing during this time?